Saturday, March 25, 2017

Chaperoning will be lit

It's still bizarre to me that Bella is at an age of actual friendships, meaningful conversations and teeth losing. As cliche as it is, she's growing up so fast! 

I'm watching one of my best friends grow up into who she is supposed to be! It's the best! I see how she's matured and changed when handling situations, from anxiety to frustration.

Dev, Bella and I are all each other's best friends. I mean, sometimes she forgets the boundaries but we're quick to shut it down.**

And as any besties, we are involved in each other's lives. It's important to us that we attend all of Bella's school events, friends' birthday parties and social gatherings. 

All of this to say, I'm controlling af and going to be a chaperone for a field trip to the local zoo! Devon and I chaperoned one last year and we had such a fun experience I had to volunteer again! I'm stoked! Unfortunately, no siblings so I'm riding solo while Dev is in baby duty.

Now, the real question is, do I stunt on these hoes? The weather is going to be warm but possible rain *eye roll* so I'm not sure what I'm going to wear! 

UPDATE: I had a badass kid in our group and almost made him stay with the teacher but he damn near cried in front of everyone so I couldn't be that mom and I regret it. I should have given him up. 

**Also if you're cool with your children, they tend to forget you're a parent. Their feelings might be hurt because of something you did or said. Simply remind them that your responsibilities as a parent are to keep them safe, healthy and happy. And in that order. If you say no to something, ask them is this action safe and healthy? Are the consequences worth their happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment