Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 201314?


Happy New Year! I know that most people have this idea that each new calendar year will bring us new happiness, love, or money, Maybe all of the above ;) But when you really think about it, it's just another day of the week. Clubs closed the same time as normal because it was still a Tuesday night.

In past years, I would be ready for a new year. I would think that I could suddenly change who I was. I could be different. When in reality, time would do that anyways. Without my consent no less.


For me, I think 2014 will be an extension of 2013. Like my friend said, "I'll do things in 2014 that I didn't get around to doing in 2013." Hahaha. My thoughts exactly.

For us, this year is all about the grind. It's not really money over everything. But it's money over everything. We want to make as much as we can and save as much as we can. We don't want to be stereotypical young parents. We want more for our family. And we know that we can get more. We're thinking that 2015 will be our year. Devon and I are planning on buying a house, I want to move up at my job, Bella will be starting kindergarten and Devon will have hopefully finished college.

Don't get me wrong, we will take time to be together and absolutely enjoy this year. Although I'm considering it passing time, it's still time to enjoy. We want to travel, eat good food, have a healthy and fun environment and well, just be happy.

So far so good.


Happy 201314! The world is our oyster and no one can take it away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment