Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Top 10 Christmas Movies

In my opinion, family traditions make the holidays.
A few years ago, my mom started a Christmas Eve tradition where we each pick a
Christmas movie and pig out on whatever appetizers my mom made.
 We tried switching up the movies every year but somehow always ended up with the
 same movies in rotation. I'm not complaining because we clearly loved them.

 I'm hoping to have a Christmas movie marathon of classics but I know
 I'll have to toss in some "kiddie" ones for Bella's sake.
Anyway, here are my top 10 Christmas movies.

Home Alone:
Because, duh.


Home Alone 2:
 Because it's the sequel of duh.

The Santa Clause:
I think this was the first Christmas movie I ever saw. I think that's why I love it so much.

Elf:
The quotes from this movie make pop culture.
And Zooey Deschanel is an angel.
 Even if her hair is blonde..

Jingle All the Way: IT'S TURBO TIMEEEEE. How could I not include this?

A Christmas Story:
The classic of all classics.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas:
I LOVE THIS MOVIE.
Mostly because I can't tell it's Jim Carey and it's Taylor pre-Jenny Humphrey.
The Polar Express: 
This movie is just magical on all levels.

The Holiday:
I'm about to be five shades of honest here. I don't want to like this movie but I love it.
I love it so much. I really don't know why either.

Alvin and the Chipmunks:
This movie is the right amount of silly and annoying.
Perfect balance for a Christmas Eve movie night.

I can't wait to start this tradition at our house. We might even try using our fireplace...
that's a big might because neither Devon nor I have
experience with a real one.

So wish us luck that we don't burn down our house on Christmas Eve.
Because knowing us that's exactly what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment