Friday, August 30, 2013

Bad Ass vs Bad Girl

By now we've all seen Miley's VMA performance.Or at least we've seen pictures.
In my opinion, it was distasteful.There was no creativity.
No respect.
For her fans, viewers, Paula or herself. I would say Liam but are they still together?...
Just classless. I was embarrassed.
She feels like she has so much to prove when in reality she doesn't.

At least when Lady Gaga and Rihanna perform there's art and talent displayed. 

How is it that Rihanna can wear cannabis leaves on her clothing,
post pictures of her smoking it and perform provocatively and still manage to get respect?
She's an artist. She doesn't have anything to prove.
She's a bad ass.

How can Gaga walk around an awards show in a thong and sea shell ensemble and it's okay?

It's what she's done that led up to that that makes it acceptable.
She changed the way people thought about fashion.
Hell, she showed up to an awards show in an egg.
She dressed as a man. The girl can sing.
She's an artist. She's still respectable.
She's a bad ass.

What about Selena? Her dress was waaaaay more revealing
at the VMA than Miley's red carpet outfit. 
And yet...

 *crickets*
She carries herself in a completely different manner.
She's slowly transitioning into more mature roles.
Even the "edgy" role she got in Spring Breakers wasn't edgy.
The movie itself was but her role wasn't.
I think she's doing a fantastic job of transitioning.

She's a bad ass.

I think Miley is trying to prove she's a bad ass when she's not.
She's trying so hard to get away from her old image that
it's hurting whatever new image she's trying to create.

I'm not saying I don't twerk. Because it is fun.
Even when you don't know what you're doing...
ahemMaggieHarrelsonahem

I was a fan of Miley Cyrus.
I even liked the We Can't Stop video.
At least that was creative. It was different.
But after Sunday I lost so much respect for her.

Not that anyone cares.

I just see the future of entertainment and it makes me quiver.

It seems like a competition of who can shock us the most.
Who can have the least amount of clothes on without actually being naked.
Where's the talent? Where's the art?

What is my daughter going to see when she's twelve?
Who is she going to want to be like?
I can only hope and pray it will be the Virgin Mary
but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment