Monday, February 18, 2013

Smooth-ie Operator

Lately, I have been sippin on smoothies like they’re goin out of style…
Which for clarification, they aren’t.


I’ve made them for breakfast, snacks and sometimes for lunch!
They’re yummy, surprisingly filling and an easy way to get a serving of veggies.

Even better?
I've got my two year old daughter and picky three year old niece drinking them!

I put a mixture of

A handful of FRESH spinach,


I made the rookie mistake of using the frozen kind and MOTHER EFF that shit was gross.
 I was practically forcing it down Bella’s little throat telling her it was delicious
knowing full well it tasted disgusting.

Five to six frozen strawberries,


I normally use frozen because it’s often cheaper than fresh strawberries.
Plus Bella and I love love love strawberries.
They just might be our favorite fruit.
It helps neutralize the spinach flavor, too.

 fresh bananas,


I only use these if we have them on hand and I only use half.
 They can sometimes overpower the smoothie.
 I don’t know about you but I don’t like a lot of banana flavor in my smoothie
especially when I know my fave fruit is somewhere in it. 

 and Yoplait Greek yogurt. 


I usually only use Yoplait because they are the only brand of Greek yogurt that contains less than 10 grams of sugar. [Some have only 7g whereas the others have up to 23g!]

TWENTY THREE grams of sugar in one of those little cups!

 I don’t care if they are Greek and pack a shit ton of protein,
they have more sugar in one serving than you are supposed to have ALL DAY!

I can’t wait to try more varieties of smoothies.

There’s a recipe for everything from metabolism boosters to sleep inducers!
 You can find them here.
Have fun blending!

No comments:

Post a Comment