Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Devon



HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY 
 
This will be your cake soon, Old Man
 I can’t believe we’ve spent six of your birthdays together! You’re turning twenty- three! Jeez, when did that happen?!

[I’m fully aware at how many exclamation points there are. I’m just so excited.]

You mean so much to me and I’m thrilled that I get to spend another birthday with you.

You really are such a special person.

 I’m not sure how you can annoy the shit out of me and still make me want to give you a hug.

You’re selfless, silly, hard working and my very best friend.  You can make any bad day better and make me laugh even when I’m mad at you. You’re my favorite person to spend time with and I CAN’T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU!

Here is an idea of how old you’re getting…

IN 1990:

Cheers was the most popular show
A gallon of gas was $1.34
Average rent was $465
Cincinnati Reds won the World Series
San Fran 49ers won the Super Bowl
Detroit Pistons won NBA Championship
Home Alone, Edward Scissorhands and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were popular
Ice, Ice Baby was playing on the radio

P.S. Although it’s a slight buzz kill that you have to work today, I will do all I can to help you have a bomb ass birthday. I love you so much and I can’t wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment