Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammy Awards 2013

Can we pleeeease talk about the Grammys? 

It might have been the best Grammys yet. The performances were ahhhhh-mazing.

Seriously.

I died and went to rasta heaven during the Bob Marley tribute.
It was just incredible.


  Bruno Mars is underrated. He is so so talented and I want him to sing at my wedding. 
Someone make it happen. 

Then they sang my all time favorite summer anthem. 

Could You Be Loved.

Oh. My. God.
Perfection.
On every fucking level.

I love love love the Marley's. 
I bet you can't guess where we got Isabella Marlee from... haha

Then you add Sting and Rihanna.
And BOOM!
That's how magic is created.

Alicia Keys and Maroon 5. 
Flawless. 
I almost came undone. 
They just killed that performance.
 I've seen Alicia in concert and she's unbelievable.
And I've been obsessed with Maroon 5 since a random burned me their cd in 7th grade. 
I WANT ANOTHER COLLAB.

And do I really need to talk about Justin Timberlake's performance? I have four words for that.
GET ME HIS CD.
He was created to perform. Like I don't think God had any other plans for him.
 He was made to do this.

Taylor Swift's performance kind of threw me off but whatevs. She's Tay Swift and mocked Harry Styles on national television.
Props.

Ed Sheeran and Elton John killed it. I can only imagine how Ed felt. THE Elton John is singing your song. At the fucking Grammys! 
[BTDubbs, Elton's jacket is something that needs to get in my closet. Now.]

The Lumineers. Ahhh. My heart just filled with joy during their performance. I could tell they were ecstatic to be there and I wanted to hug them afterward.

Now Kelly Clarkson. 
Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. 
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO MIGUEL IS?
He's...Miguel.
The strange looking man with the voice of an angel.
His voice is everything and more. 
Wiz could have stayed in the audience because his part was irrelevant.

And Frank Ocean. Like...I can't even. I am so happy for him and he was everything I thought he'd be. 
Oh, we can't forget about the wrap up music being played when The Dream was talking only to stop when Jay-Z went to speak.
BAHAHAHA.

Now for J.Lo. 
Put that leg away. 
We've already seen it on everyone else in Hollywood.
 BYE.
 
And FUN. 
Thrilled that they won Song of the Year. 
It needed to happen.
 
Music is life and to have such a variety in one place made me thankful I have more than Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't reply to you via email because you're a no-reply blogger. Google Plus did that to me too! I love that you named your daughter after the Marleys! If I am blessed with a girl I plan on naming her Marley. :) Great minds think alike!

    Glam Hungry Mom 

    ReplyDelete